- Understand and interpret requirements accurately, by effective questioning, listening, clarification and recording of information.
- Interpret and analyze blueprints, customer specifications and company work instructions to identify requirements and select appropriate deburring method.
- Review, verify and update work instructions, as directed by Department Supervisor.
- Prepare and pre-set all tooling required for finishing operations, as per company work instructions.
- Perform hand deburring, blending, sandblasting, and or additional finishing techniques to remove burrs, modify tolerancing, etc. of manufactured parts utilizing equipment such as; air grinders air hand tools, hand files, hand held deburring tools or other method as per customer specifications and specific job work instructions.
- Perform re-work of manufactured parts to remove burrs, modify tolerance, etc, as directed.
- Verify conformity of manufactured product against requirements on blueprints, customer specifications, job work instructions, etc. utilizing company specific internal inspection methodologies.
- Verify inspection equipment daily to ensure accurate and consistent results.
- Coordinate with Calibration Technician to maintain complete list of personal inspection equipment, maintain calibration/maintenance schedule, and immediately add new tooling to current schedule.
- Maintain daily inspection logs, as per company work Instructions.
- Communicate effectively with Department Supervisors to correlate appropriate finishing methodologies.
- Notify Department Supervisor of any discrepancies.
- Maintain accurate daily records of job hours, hours worked, quantity of parts produced, inspections performed, etc
- Confers and coordinates with Department Supervisor to improve productivity, ensure quality, and meet deadlines.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Perform in-process and final inspections for deburred manufactured product completed by colleagues.
- Identify and address non-conforming product and forward information to Department Supervisor.
- Provides training to personnel on general company procedures, internal inspection methodologies, ISO/AS policies and procedures, safety policies and procedures, etc. in conjunction with supervisors and managers.
- Adheres to and enforces company ISO/AS policies and procedures as related to manufacturing processes.
- Adheres to all Company Safety Policies and procedures.
- Identify and address departmental needs for continuous improvements and resources, by communicating with departmental personnel and management.
This is a full time hourly position, Monday to Friday 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Overtime and weekends may be required at times.